Monday, June 27, 2011

The Casey Anthony Trial


Tragically, three years ago, a beautiful little girl died.  The mother did not report her "disappearance" for 31-days, which has led to massive speculation that she murdered little Caylee.  You've no doubt heard something about this entire incident, and even though I told myself I wasn't going to watch this trial, I like so many others, have been glued to the television when time allows to listen and watch the proceedings in Casey Anthony's murder trial.

The first thing that struck me as I listened to the lawyers lay out their points that would be covered during the trial, was how could any mother give birth, raise a child for nearly 3 years, then murder that baby?  Worse yet as the evidence for the prosecution was being presented, was the point hammered home, of the smell of a decomposing body in Casey's car.  The accusation being, that she drove around with Caylee's dead body in the trunk of her car for several days before leaving it somewhere else.  I have tried to wrap my head around this one fact........and for the life of me I cannot.

I, like the majority of people watching this trial, believe that Casey did something to her child--I have not, for myself, been able to decide if she did this intentionally or not....but the thought of her not seeking help for her baby when whatever happened, actually happened, is not something I can understand.  

At the same time, I am surprised at the media's declaration of her guilt before this trial is even over.  I've always thought that a person was presumed innocent until proven guilty.  Since day one, the media in Central Florida has given the public opinion that Casey is indeed, without all doubt, guilty of premeditated murder of little Caylee.  We all can understand that something horrible happened to this little angel....but, I think it unfair that the media has capitalized on this tragic event to promote their own agenda.  It seems to be yet another glaring example of how distorted the media, and "political correctness" has become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment