Monday, May 16, 2011

Creating Memories.....

 As a grandmother, I love trying to create memories for my granddaughters.  One of the simplest, but most amazing moments we had together not long ago, was a tea party.  I had hand painted a table and chairs for them for Christmas, and bought them a little inexpensive plastic tea set to play with.  Even at 2-1/2 years old, they knew exactly what to do with all of it.

Since then, I expanded the tea party concept, and we actually had a "real" tea party when they were with me one day.  We put on make-up; we put on TONS of jewelry, hats, and I even let them pick out a purse to carry.  I have some amazing pictures of that day......

Once everyone was all dressed up, we sat down at the table, and using a real teapot, and cups, had the most wonderful time at our tea party.  With baked cookies, strawberries, and even some grapes (that's one of their favorite fruits); it's a day I certainly won't forget.  Hopefully as they get older, our little tea party will become a cherished memory


Creating memories......a time honored gift that no one can ever replace......
x0x0

1 comment:

  1. Children need all the good memories they can collect. Your beautiful granddaughters will undoubtedly remember the wonderful times spent with their grandmother!Helping to shape beautiful people, is a treasure in itself... keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete