Thursday, May 5, 2011

Health and Nutrition

I'm not sure how you feel about nutritional supplements, but I've found they've benefited me over the years.  I used to teach third grade, and every afternoon around 1:30, would feel the energy drain from my body--not a good thing when you're trying to motivate and keep up with 20-8 and 9 year-olds!  Someone suggested that maybe I needed vitamin B.  Up until then I was never a vitamin "taker".  But, I figured, what do I have to lose?  I bought myself a bottle of B-complex at the grocery store just to see if it would give me more energy.  Wow, was I surprised! Gone was that mid-afternoon energy zap.  Since then I've become more selective in the type of vitamins I buy (my personal preference), and take several on a daily basis.  It seems the more I read and learn, the more I understand the importance of providing your body with not only a balanced diet, but good nutrition.

The problem with today, though, is that most of us are on the run from early in the morning, till late at night.  I know so many don't have the time, or desire, to sit down and plan menus for the week, much less find the time to make them.  We should be eating fresh whole foods for our nutrition, but many of us end up grabbing food here and there. That wouldn't be such a problem except that often that food is lacking when it comes to nutrition.  Remember--just because it's convenient and tastes good doesn't mean it's the best nutrition--but you and I both know that!

There is a company called GNLD.  Their sole mission is to provide the most amazing nutritional supplements.  Everything they market has been researched extensively, and their manufacturing facilities are state of the art.  I recently got to  know one of their distributors, Scott Martin, and he has been a wealth of information about their product line.  In fact, they are so convinced you'll be pleased with their products, they offer a money back guarantee--now, you can't beat that!

One of their premier products is called Tre'.  I asked Scott about it and this is what he had to say: "Tré is more than just juice--it is a state-of-the-art liquid nutritional essence, drawn from ten of the most powerful and super nutrient-dense wholefood sources known to science. Tré is built on a powerful foundation of Pomegranate, Acai berry, and Green Tea, along with Inflox, their proprietary blend of deep, dark, antioxidant-rich berries, enhanced with resveratrol and alpha-lipoic acid.  These powerful ingredients combined with our advanced process and manufacturing technologies, are guaranteed to provide the consumer with a “potent shot of wellness” in each and every serving. You don’t have to wonder or hope that Tré provides what it appears to, the evidence is right there on our label."

Scott went on to explain about their labeling process, in that it basically gives you all the information you need to make an informed decision.  If you've taken nutritional supplements, or are thinking about it, I'd suggest you visit GNLD's website and see for yourself what they offer.  If you have questions about any of it, Scott Martin will be more than happy to get your questions answered.  Oh--and for the record, I received no compensation for this post.  Just love to share great products!

References:
1. Punicalagins standardized to 35%. 1 ounce of Tré equals 20 ounces of fresh
pomegranate juice.
2. Resveratrol quantified to 500mcg. 1 ounce of Tré equals resveratrol content of
1-2 glasses of fine red wine.
3. Alpha-lipoic acid quantified to 20mg. 1 ounce of Tré equals the alpha-lipoic acid
content of more than 6 cups of fresh spinach.
4. ORAC value calculated to more than 750 TE per ounce…more than 3.5X the
power of antioxidant-rich orange juice.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is great information! And so true - Its so hard to give our bodies what they really need with on the go all day with work and kids!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete