Monday, May 2, 2011

Carousel Dreams - A Collection of Lullabies



If you have a baby, or know someone who has one, you know how difficult it can be to find just the right music that is both soothing and comforting.  However, when you listen to the collection on the "Carousel Dreams - A Collection of Lullabies", you'll wonder why you couldn't have had this when you were a baby.  All the songs are beautifully written and sung by artists who clearly know how to lull a baby to sleep.  Susan Moss's vocals are perfectly sung in a manner, that even adults would find soothing.  Donna Martin's lyrics are both beautiful and reassuring to listen to.  

I know, as a now, grandmother, that when my twin granddaughters were born, my daughter and I both wanted to find something that would gently lead the babies to sleep, and yet have a comforting quality.  No easy task when you go out to find that combination.  I only wish we'd found this earlier!  Another quality of this particular CD I liked, was that some of the lullabies are performed with lyrics, and others are instrumental.  I think that's a great way for a baby to fall asleep....first, as they nod off they're hearing a beautiful voice singing the lovely lyrics, and then there's just the instrumental portion which helps baby continue through a restful night of sleep.  You may have trouble staying awake yourself!

If you visit the Carousel of Dreams website, you can listen to samples of the songs on the CD--that's a wonderful way to find the perfect music.  I found myself wanting to hear more, and I think every mom, grandparent, and little child will love falling asleep to this beautifully written and performed collection of lullabies.  I would encourage you to take a few minutes to listen and see for yourself why this CD has been the winner of three prestigious awards:

2003 Paren't Magazine Award
Parent's Choice2003 Summer Award
iParenting Media Award

What a wonderful gift for baby, or the new mom to be!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/moondreams

CD- $12.98 
Find them on Facebook too:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MoonDreams-Music-Recording-Group-LLC/263107941431?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment